Date(s) - 12/04/2020 - 14/04/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Quill Consultancy
About this course
In this two day course you will learn about the architecture of the modern messaging infrastructure with Exchange Server and Exchange Online and how to deploy messaging in different scenarios and organizations. You will be guided through the initial deployment process and introduced to the messaging management tools. You will learn how to create and manage different types of recipients, and how to create and manage Exchange Server mailbox databases, which serve as storage locations for all messaging data. Finally, you will be introduced to messaging infrastructure organizational settings, such as how to manage authentication for your messaging environment, how to configure quotas for users in the organization, and how to configure organization sharing with federation.
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration. The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. To implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organization, the Messaging Administrator must collaborate with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator. The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Modern Messaging Architecture
- Deploy and Manage a Modern Messaging Architecture
- Create and Manage Exchange Recipients
- Manage Email Addresses, Lists, and Resources
- Plan for Mailbox Databases
- Create and Manage Mailbox Databases
- Manage Authentication for Messaging
- Configure Organizational Settings
- Configure Organizational Sharing
Module 1: Managing Modern Messaging Infrastructure
- Overview of Modern Messaging Architecture
- Deploying Modern Messaging Infrastructure
- Managing Modern Messaging Infrastructure
Module 2: Managing Recipient Objects and Resources
- Exchange Recipients
- Creating and Managing Exchange Recipients
- Managing Email Addresses, Lists, and Resources
Module 3: Managing Mailbox Databases
- Mailbox Databases in Exchange Server
- Planning for Mailbox Databases
- Creating and Managing Mailbox Databases
- Troubleshooting Mailbox Databases
Module 4: Managing Organizational Settings
- Managing Authentication for Messaging
- Configuring Organizational Settings
- Designing Solutions for External Access
Module 5: Course Conclusion
Lab : Managing Recipient Infrastructure
- Creating an On-premise Recipient
- Creating a Cloud Recipient
- Creating an On-premises Distribution Group
- Creating a Cloud Distribution Group
- Creating an Office 365 Group
- Proficient understanding of DNS.
- Basic understanding of messaging within Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and domain controller infrastructure along with identity management.
- Basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services and directory synchronization.
- At least 5 years of general IT experience.
Would you like additional information about this event ?